Hey everyone its Adam DeGraide here with another micro motivation this week. Hopefully you enjoyed last week’s in regards to Old Love. This week we want to talk about how motivation doesn’t last; it’s like bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily. Zig Ziglar’s famous quote, I love it: “It doesn’t last, it’s like bathing, that’s why we have to do it everyday”. And one of the sites that I check out every once in a while it’s called “Brainy Quotes”. I’ll just type in, you know, motivational quotes, something to get me going for the day. And I want to read the top 10 According to brainyquotes.com:
- “Well done is better than well said” and that was said by Benjamin Franklin.
- “Quality is not an act; It is a habit”, Aristotle. Pretty smart guy, right? Then we have
- “Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it” and that was by Charles Swindoll, very, very true statement. Number seven, or number six.
- “I can only change my life, no one can do it for me” Carol Burnett. That’s pretty profound right?
- “With a new day comes new strength and new thoughts” Eleanor Roosevelt. Then you have
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence” Helen Keller who was blind and deaf by the way. Pretty powerful statement for somebody who is optimistic right?
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started” Mark Twain. And then
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop” Confucius. And I think that that’s a pretty good quote.
And you see this is what’s so true when Zig Ziglar said that motivation doesn’t last, it’s like bathing that’s why we recommend a daily. It is so true, we have to constantly motivate ourselves to do it. And as Christians, it’s incredibly important that we understand that prayer, and connecting with God is a huge part of that. One of the favorite verses that I actually read just this morning was in 1st Thessalonians, chapter five verses 16 through 18 it says the following: “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing. Give thanks in all circumstances. For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you”. You see, just like bathing cleans our bodies and makes it fresh and motivation has to be given daily; we have to pray daily to connect ourselves with God, otherwise we try to do everything on our own and that just doesn’t last. And what I’ve discovered is, no matter how good yesterday was, or how close I felt to God when I wake up today. If I don’t get in that word if I don’t pray if I don’t seek God’s will for my life before you know it, I’m walking around like I haven’t bathed and I’m starting to stink and that’s why motivation is daily; prayer is daily; and our commitment to knowing and growing closer to God is daily.
Hopefully you guys enjoyed this message.
Thank you so much. Remember, it’s Adam DeGraide. If you can’t make your point in under four minutes, you might not have one to make. I’ll see you next week. Thanks guys.